At METRO we say "We make it count" because our accounting is not just about numbers, we make it count for more. We already have over than 400 employees, we operate our METRO/MAKRO brands in around 20 countries around the world, we have been operating in Szczecin for 12 years, and in our internal engagement survey, almost 90% of our employees said that working at METRO is meaningful and allows them to grow. METRO is a leading international wholesaler operating in more than 30 countries worldwide with more than 93,000 employees.
Join us, feel the We make it count spirit and create a METRO community for which Accounting always counts for something more.
Expert Procurement Controlling and Accounting
Workplace: Szczecin, Plac Brama Portowa
You will be responsible for:
- Broad spectrum of tasks in Procurement Controlling and Accounting related to ICA Suppliers (International Collaboration Agreements)
- Invoicing and Accounting activities related to ICA Suppliers, e.g.
- System-related preparation and administration activities
- Invoice creation and / or distribution
- Dunning and escalation
- Controlling and Data Analysis tasks related to ICA Suppliers
- Act as a reliable source for Business Analytics on Category and Suppliers performance across all METRO Countries and Companies
- Responsibility for Procurement Reporting
- Business partner for Global Procurement Team, incl. Analytical support
- Identification and investigation of data quality issues focusing on Data Warehouse, International Collaboration Agreements, and International Data Sharing, and then developing solution concepts
- Participation in cross-functional projects
Skill set & experience profile:
- University degree in Economics, preferably Business administration, Data science or similar degree
- Very good analytical and conceptual skills
- Strong communication skills
- Results oriented, accurate and able to drive changes
- Team Player
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse and / or SQL would be an asset
- Fluent English, spoken and written
- Stability - the first contract is for 6 months, the next for an indefinite period, because we believe that you will stay with us for as long as possible
- Tasks that matter - 84% of our employees consider their work to be important
- Non-wage benefits - up to PLN 8,000 per year per person, including, among others, quarterly bonuses, annual bonuses, performance awards, holiday subsidies, money for holidays and culture, money for job referrals
- A working system adapted to you - if you live in another city in Poland you can visit us, move to Szczecin or work from home, you decide
- Relocation package - PLN 6,000 to move to Szczecin
- Professional training - in the fields of accounting, software - SAP, soft skills and language learning with a total value of up to PLN 10 000 per person per year
- Free access to Udemy and eTutor
- Internationality - the languages you know are used by us every day, English is a must!
- Higher salary of PLN 400 to PLN 1,600 if you know an additional language
- A clear career path - you can be promoted to a new position after just one year!
- Vertical and horizontal promotions, we regularly recruit internally – 78% of our Team Leaders come from internal recruitment and this number is constantly growing
- Enhancing knowledge and experience in various areas
- Support for ACCA students - including an extra paid day off for the exam and reimbursement of the ACCA exam costs, which guarantees you accounting certification
- Good atmosphere - 78% of our employees consider the working atmosphere to be positive
- Open working culture - your superiors are available to you, we focus on relationships and communication, we are all there for you
- Team and company integrations after hours - 2 times a year you integrate with your team, 2 times a year with the whole company
- Free breathing training worth up to PLN 2,100 per person per year - because your well-being is important to us
- Private medical care and group insurance, also for family members
- Subsidised sports card
- Anniversary gifts such as a speaker or Kindle or annual prizes such as a PLN 2,000 voucher for whatever you want
- Air-conditioned, green office in a state-of-the-art building in the city centre - you can reach us by public transport from any part of the city, avoiding traffic jams
- And, of course, free coffee and employee discounts to service outlets in the Posejdon office building.