At METRO we say We make it count because our Accounting&Controlling is not just about numbers, we make it count for more. As the Global Solution Center in Szczecin, we already have more than 400 employees, we have been operating in Szczecin for 11 years, and in our internal engagement survey, almost 90% of our employees said that working at METRO is meaningful and allows them to grow. METRO is a leading international wholesaler operating in more than 30 countries worldwide with more than 93,000 employees. Join us, feel the We make it count spirit and create a METRO community for which Accounting&Controlling always counts for something more.
You will be responsible for:
- Data quality review in different reporting events (Actual, Forecast, Plan, etc.) including check for plausibility of content and follow-up / clarification of findings
- Ensuring timely process flows in different reporting events, analysis and regular preparation of reporting scorecard
- Regular support in the analysis of business performance as well as creation of standard reporting slides with a focus on cash flow analysis
- Further development of standard reporting including exchange with relevant stakeholders from Controlling, Accounting, Business Intelligence and beyond.
Skill set & experience profile:
- BA/MA degree in business administration (or comparable)
- Relevant work experience of at least 2 years
- High level of team orientation, engagement and own initiative to drive change, high sense of responsibility
- Profound analytical skills
- Sound financial knowledge, i.e., understanding of Profit & Loss / Balance Sheet and Cash Flow matters, IFRS
- Willingness to learn and develop, high professional commitment, reliability and self-organization skills to ensure quality and timely delivery of results
- Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint), SAP BW, ideally Tagetik
- Language skills (English at business level, German would be a plus)