At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world’s favourite dairy products. In Shared Service Centre in Gdansk we support our colleagues worldwide by providing them with world-class accounting, finance, procurement, tax, master data, HR and IT processes.
If you are demonstrating strong customer orientation and willingness to develop your experience in the area of accountancy, you are the one we are looking for! Join us as the S2P Accountant, and youll become a vital part of our company
About the job
At Arla, we rely on a meticulous financial system to drive business forward. Our accounts payable (AP) department keeps that system running smoothly by managing cash flow, and paying vendors. We are searching for a skilled financial specialist to join our accounts payable team to be part of the process, track, and record payments in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner. The accounts payable specialist will have both a day-to-day impact on financial transactions, keeping us on track, on time, and on good terms with our valued partners.
Specifically, you will:
- Verify incoming documents by applying standard procedures and country specific knowledge
- Perform Travel Expenses period-end procedures and Travel & Expenses tasks
- Reconcile B/S accounts, monitor and report the status of accounts
- Answer incoming e-mails and phone calls
- Monitor and clear open items
- Perform internal control checks
- Generate reports for internal analysis
- Generate data/reports for external authorities/audit
- Support the company in optimizing our financial transactions and systems
What we expect form you?
- educational background in finance and accounting or similar area – nice to have
- experience in using SAP and MS Office tools – nice to have
- high energy level and thrive on challenges
- continuous improvement mindset
- good communication skills
- technical or leadership skills - will be an asset
- Very good English language skills
- German language – nice to have
What do we offer?
- Flexible working time (start your day of work between 7-9) and home office work possibility
- Trainings with experts & professional induction in a new position
- Financial support of your education
- Medical care & life insurance
- Additional benefits like gym card, vouchers, travel points or cinema tickets, etc.
- Scandinavian working style & no dress code
- Home kit – monitor, laptop, keyboard, mouse, headsets, webcam
- Relocation allowance
- Referral program for employees
- Employee Assistance Program (legal, psychological, health, financial consulting, etc. )
- Support for your healthy lifestyle (fruit day, facility for sportsmen, sport challenges and activities, Arla active teams / sport groups)
… while in the office you can also use some of below:
- Modern office space with beautiful view and high standard furniture (i.e. adjustable desks)
- Chill-out rooms with X-box, pool table, board games, football table and swing