Come join an exciting Technology Service Lead position in the Application Maintenance division in a Global bank, managing daily operations for the Group Functions Technology Service function. You will act as an application provider with no staff responsibilities, but in a functional leadership role. Working with international teams in an inspiring working environment, you’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your skills and advance your career.
In Nordea, we’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A tech revolution is underway – and you can make an impact. Though we’re a Nordic bank, we’re also one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. Working with international teams in an inspiring working environment, you’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your skills and advance your career.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Technology Service AM GF team. As Technology Service Lead you’ll play a valuable role in handling portfolio of application’s and working very closely together with the Technology Execution team for support of your applications and services in scope. This will be done in the alignment with the Business Area Technology Leader’s, which together with you set the strategy and roadmaps.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage and lead the interface to key business technology stakeholders including Application Owners and processes including communication to foster alignment between Business technology and Core technology.
- Ensure management of portfolio specific application and vendor contracts.
- Champion technology strategies and create awareness of technology trends and opportunities.
- Ensure execution and deliverables according to technology delivery plans observing the priorities, execution structure, funding and capability resource plans.
- Work in close cooperation with Technology Capability heads and BATL’s virtual management team.
- Ensure continuous alignment with Technology strategy (workforce, partnerships, standards) as well as with common frameworks and standards.
- Drive collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to steer current work and manage escalations like Incidents – Problem handling and impediments across your portfolio.
- Planning and optimization of technology total cost of ownership for own business portfolio including annual target setting and follow up on this. You are fully responsible!!
- You will be working closely with the business – execution and development teams for your area, ensuring full alignment across the delivery chain.
The role is based in Gdynia; Gdańsk.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Have leadership experience and know how to set direction.
- Willing to challenge the status quo and aim for the greater good for Nordea.
- Understand how financial work and able to provide the answers for your portfolio.
- Result oriented, taking ownership, reaching out and “making things happen”.
- Collaborate with and influence partners and stakeholders across the value stream.
- Role model for collaboration, empowering own team, inspiring the “Can.do”-attitude.
- Communicate in a clear and understandable way and know your stakeholders.
- A Deep understanding of technology strategy and delivery options for Change and Run.
- A Deep understanding of own technology domain.
- Customer centric mindset actively seeking value-creation opportunities through technology.
- Curiosity and interest on understanding and fulfilling business requirements and delivering exceptional customer experience.
- A by nature creative and innovative person with strong problem-solving skills.
Your experience and background:
- A preferred candidate with an IT technical background enabling the candidate to understand the technical context of the area.
- Strong skills within transformation and project/programme management creating proven changes in complex financial environments.
- Strong communication skills and good at Stakeholder Management
- Knowledge of ITIL and DevOps principles preferably from working within financial services institutions.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 31/07/2021. For more information, you’re welcome to contact Kasper Lydolph.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.